- Job Locations: US-Work from Home | US-OR-Portland | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-NV-Reno | US-NV-Las Vegas | US-CA-San Francisco | US-WA-Seattle
- Job ID: 2019-1936
- Division: Travel Leaders Group
- # of Openings: 5
- Category: Travel Agent
Travel Leaders Group (www.travelleadersgroup.com) is transforming travel with a commitment to our vacation and business travel clients through our progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. Having already assisted millions of travelers, Travel Leaders Group manages leisure, business and franchise travel operations under a variety of diversified divisions and brands. With over 7,000 agency locations, Travel Leaders Group ranks as one of the industry’s largest traditional travel agency companies.
The Travel Advisor will be responsible for supporting all components of the APEX program. Advisors will consult and make travel recommendations for their customer, which will include The Travel Collection benefits, when applicable. The APEX department is designed to provide extraordinary service to The Travel Collection customer population. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Booking travel, resolving customer service issues, enrolling customers into The Travel Collection and be proficient with the APEX tools. The advisor must be savy with technology. This department will book air using SABRE GDS and cruise/tour packages.
- Complete and remain up to date on all APEX and American Express training.
- Clear understanding of how each of the APEX tools work – Agent Universe, Portal and AMEX PWP redemption tool.
- Provide outstanding customer service by consulting with customers on their travel requests.
- Book TheTravel Collection benefits in order to increase transactions and support our suppliers.
- Knowledgeable with AMEX card benefits. Be able to explain benefits to customers, refer cards and enroll customers in the APEX Portal.
- Log calls and track reasons why customer contacted The Travel Collection team.
- Support marketing emails by tracking calls and providing customer feedback.
- Understand definition of General and Priority complaints.
- Coordinate any customer service complaints with the APEX Help Desk.
- Liaise with vendors (air/car/hotel/cruise/tour) as required.
- Meet with Operations Director on a weekly basis to review stats and trends.
- Share customer feedback that will help build the program.
- Understand all aspects of the APEX program.
- Refer leads.
- Use of Email, Phone, Chat, Text, Skype, APEX tools and ADP.
- 5+ years’ experience in the travel industry.
- Sabre GDS required (open to strong candidates with WSPN or Apollo who are willing to convert to SABRE).
- Strong international booking experience that includes geography, passports and visa.
- Cruise/Tour booking experience.
- Being an expert with other leisure travel destinations or planning is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft office skills helpful (word, excel)
Customer Service Abilities:
- Has strong understanding of own skill set and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates exceptional team work
- Proactively offers to work with team members to cover open shifts; manage time off.
- Excellent attendance and on time to work.
- Acts as a leader among peers.
- Thanks peers for support they have provided.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to agents, peers and leaders when appropriate.
- Ability to handle very difficult situations.
- May seek minimal guidance, but generally has solution at hand.
- Thinks creatively to find best/appropriate solution to difficult problems.
- Able to support peers in decision making.
- Knows when to escalate to a leader.
- Strong understanding of key APEX initiatives and employs strong change management skills consistently.
- Willing to embrace all the tools that support APEX.
- Meet service levels for phone, email and CHAT.