- Location: Multiple Countries
- Department: Translation & Localization
- Type: Contracted
- Min. Experience: Entry Level
Looking for interesting translation/localization work in an international environment? Glyph Language Services is currently seeking Freelance Translator/Linguists to perform contract work in numerous languages for our clients. Successful candidates will be native speakers with an excellent command of English. Join our innovative and flourishing firm in ensuring our customers say what they actually mean to say to the global community.
Description: The English-to-(other language) Translator/Linguists will perform translation, proofreading and quality assurance tasks for ongoing and/or period translation projects.
Duties may include the following:
- Translation from English to (other language)
- Testing and evaluation of freelance language specialists
- Translation Memory creation and maintenance
- Terminology extraction and glossary creation
- Preparation of or contribution to existing style guides and reference documentation for larger translation projects
- Linguistic quality assurance
- Native fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in one of the languages in which we offer translation services
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in additional language(s) a plus
- Two years’ translation experience or advanced college degree in translation desired
- Experience with translation environment tools, terminology and translation memory software desired (MemoQ)
- Solid MS Office Suite skills
- College degree: BA or MA or specialized diploma/certificate in translation desired
- Solid research skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
About Glyph Language Services
Glyph Language Services offers comprehensive translation and localization services for eLearning, web, corporate communications, software and multimedia projects. Glyph delivers language services that empower its clients to grow globally through a combination of strategic vision, industry-leading tools and practices, top-flight linguist talent, cultural savvy and a deep focus on customer needs. Glyph was founded in 2001 in Seattle, WA and is now based in Spokane, WA.
Glyph is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Glyph is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.