Wordvice, and international English editing company, is seeking qualified and experienced freelance translators from a variety of academic backgrounds and fields to join our team of professionals. Whether a research article, dissertation, thesis, or admissions essay, we aim to preserve an author’s voice and their precise intended message while translating their work into English. To achieve this goal, we require outstanding and intuitive translators.
Why translate with Wordvice? Freedom and flexibility
Although we have fixed deadlines, our freelance translators can work from any location with access to stable internet and Microsoft Word and are free to designate their own availability and the workload they can handle. Translation jobs involve both academic and admissions documents, and you may work with all document types or select the areas and document types you are most qualified to work on. Compensation is based on document word count and the turnaround time specified by clients. Available work is assigned based on suitable background experience and availability, and we have deadlines that range from thirty hours to up to a month, depending on the size and type of the document, as well as on our clients’ requests.
Steady inflow of work orders
Our ever-expanding clientele means more work documents to translate, which means Wordvice can offer steady and consistent work for our freelance translators. With increasing availability and performance, translators can receive more work and receive higher monthly pay. Workload also fluctuates by season, and there are times when translators receive more ordersbut we will never give you more work than you can handle at any given time.
Efficient and convenient order-processing system
Our order-processing system was designed and built specifically with the needs of Wordvice’s clients and translators in mindit handles orders smoothly and optimizes efficiency for users on both ends. Documents are allocated to translators by our Project Manager based upon their specific qualifications and area of expertise. Translators complete the order and submit the translated versions to our editors. Once they receive the edited versions, translators review them to check whether the meaning of the source text is retained and there aren’t any errors. They then provide clients with the original, edited, and final versions. Editors are able to interact directly with clients to resolve any issues and answer any questions that might arise.
- Translate academic papers, admission essays, and other documents without changing the content of the original document
- Research technical/scientific terminology appropriate for the given document
- Review edited document thoroughly and ensure final version retains its original meaning
- Answer clients’ questions regarding the provided translations via our message system
- Translation languages: Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Turkish English
- Experience in academic or admission translation (3+ years)
- High proficiency in writing and speaking language of the original document
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Advanced skills using MS Word and its track changes features
- Be independent and self-motivated
- Have an educational background or have experience in medicine, engineering, or other biomedical or natural science domain
- Be able to meet frequent deadlines
- Be passionate about writing and translating
- Freelance, part-time
- Pay rate: Include expected pay rate in application
- Submit application and resume -> [Review Process] -> Complete editing sample -> [Evaluation of Sample Edit] -> Notification of results by email
- Press [Apply Now] button below to apply