Transcriber at Pearson
Title: Transcriber PTE, Temporary
Categories: Media / Publishing Education/Higher Education
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
PTE Academic is just one of Pearson’s products. It is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. The test is completely scored by AI that mimics how human markers would score. One part of building the AI’s scoring models is to collect transcriptions of candidates’ responses on the PTE Academic.
This is where you come in! As a transcriber, you will listen to candidates’ responses and type exactly what you hear using our transcription rules. All transcription is completed on our online tool that can be accessed from anywhere at any time.You can set your own hours.
- Computer with high-speed internet
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work at least 15 hours/week
- Must pass a writing test
- Must pass a paid training
- Background in language studies, linguistics, ESL/EFL, or other language-related field is helpful
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
- Work Locations: US-Remote Remote
- Job: Professional Development
- Organization: Assessments Clinical
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Job Type: Temporary Work
- Schedule: Part-time Temporary
- Req ID: 2001200
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!