Requisition Number: 19-0181
This is a contingent position
The Training Specialist works in the CNIC Division as part of the Professional Development and Training Team. This position supports government contracts delivering quality of life programming to service members and their families. The ideal candidate will develop online curriculum as well as deliver web-based training. This position also is responsible for providing webinar production services for learners across time zones worldwide. This is a telework position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a trainer/facilitator for webinar training sessions.
- Develop standard curriculum using industry-standard ISD methodologies.
- Ability to provide high level of customer support in a technology focused environment.
- Collaborate with team members and customers, to include using online document management and collaboration tools.
- Ability to prioritize workload and comply with aggressive deadlines.
- Familiarity with Navy and/or Fleet and Family Support Center programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BA/BS degree coupled with one year related experience OR at minimum high school diploma plus four years of relevant work experience specifically with online learning technology.
- Familiarity and use of web-based instruction and online learning platforms (Adobe connect, Blackboard, Learning Management Systems.)
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using common industry software applications such as Microsoft Office, specifically, Power Point and Word.
- Skill in handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- High comfort level with the use of technology for communication and task completion.
- Experience and understanding of being part of a virtual team.
- PowerPoint skills.
- Familiarity with and routinely use social media.
- Experience with producing videos and podcasts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)