Trainer, Customer Experience at Rent the Runway
Trainer, Customer Experience
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The CX Training department is responsible for making sure our customers have flawless interactions with our agents every single time. We ensure that all of our agents are adhering to the highest standards of quality through a thorough onboarding process, continuous ongoing training, and a regular cadence of scoring and coaching in partnership with the Quality Development team.
About the Job:
As the CX Trainer you are responsible for the initial and ongoing development for all members of CX. You will be empowered to help shape the future of this department to ensure that Customer Experience Associates are consistently delivering amazing experiences and gaining skills that help them develop into high performing young professionals.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Training Manager to conceptualize trainings
- Design Instructor Led and eLearning training
- Facilitate virtual Instructor Led training sessions
- Continually seek opportunities to develop training skills and enhance training content
- Own the end to end experience of training programs inclusive of, scheduling, tracking attendance, measuring success, gathering feedback, and post-training follow-up
- Act as New Hire’s Team Lead (and mentor) during the New Hire Training process by providing in the moment coaching and completing 1:1 check-ins throughout onboarding
- Own Training Calendar to ensure it is reflective of the most up-to-date training programs at all times
- Assist in aligning communication between training and stakeholders including coordinating training material reviews and compiling material feedback
- Partners with Quality Development Team to discuss QD trends and plot appropriately into Training Calendar
- Owns updates to Knowledge Base after changes or new process roll out
- Assists with regular reviews of Knowledge Base and training materials ensuring accuracy, making updates as needed
Who You Are:
- You are a Problem Solver. You are able to think quickly and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a Communicator. You listen well and understand the needs of our customers and our business. You express your ideas clearly and communicate persuasively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You are honest and ethical in all interactions and uphold company values and policies.
- You are Dedicated. You are committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during each customer interaction.
- You are Empathetic. You are able to see situations from the customer’s perspective and provide the best solutions aligned with Rent the Runway’s core values.
- You are Collaborative. You thrive in an environment where different styles of creation and execution are highly valued and embraced.
What you need:
- You have a BA/BS Degree
- You have proven work experience as a Training Specialist, Instructional Designer or similar
- You have experience with designing eLearning with Articulate 360 (including Articulate Storyline)
- You have a passion for amazing customer experience
- You have advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- You are a self-starter with strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- You can work autonomously while being a team player
- You can multitask and be held accountable
- You have strong communication skills
- You are approachable and welcoming
- You have excellent time management
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts – to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy – when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!