Part-Time Tier 1 Customer Support – Contractor (Remote)
The Part-Time Tier 1 Customer Support Agent is a virtual-based contractor who is motivated to provide quick and effective service to worldwide participants in our executive development programs. This person champions customer happiness, satisfaction, and success through patience, understanding and both content and technical know-how.
You will serve as a point of contact for our clients and address their questions and needs related to their learning experience on our online learning platform.
As the Agent will be communicating with top-tier executives, it is important to possess a professional demeanor and communication skills, along with a strong desire to assist inquirers and uphold the professional image of ExecOnline.
Agents will be provided training, resource materials, and ongoing management and support from our NYC-based team. Experience in a SaaS/product or application setting with familiarity in Salesforce or similar CRM, website backend/administrative interfaces (e.g. WordPress/Rails Admin) and exposure to helpdesk software is highly preferred.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join ExecOnline and truly have a significant impact on both our clients and the growth of our organization.
Hours for this role are flexible, with preference given to evening, weekend, and overnight availability (based on US Eastern Time), and will vary over the year based on the ExecOnline program schedule. We are open to flexible schedules ranging from 15-25 hours of availability per week, while there will be a opportunity to take on additional hours based on volume. Candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US.
What we want you to do:
- Enthusiastically support clients with their tech needs by email, chat, phone, and web-based tools
- Accurately identify and troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues in a timely manner for a global set of users with diverse environments and scenarios
- Promptly escalate more complex problems to appropriate internal team members
- Demonstrate a familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of our programs, learning content and technical products (with training)
- Continuously endeavor to improve the quality of our support and service, both internally and externally
- Additional opportunities to monitor live online video conferencing events and provide live immediate assistance to participants
What you need to succeed:
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably with a SaaS company or a product/technology division
- Poise and professionalism to respond to high-level executives from around the world; executive support experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal that recognizes and adapts to the wide range of ExecOnline participants. Be well versed and comfortable with email, phone, and video (if needed) etiquette in potentially challenging, stressful situations for users or those with lesser technical fluency
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), website backend/administrative interfaces (e.g. WordPress/Rails Admin), cloud-based tools, and exposure to helpdesk software is preferred.
- Outstanding task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Bonus: Writing/reading/speaking fluency in other languages outside of English; familiarity with video conferencing technology and related desktop support