Test Engineering Manager at Imperfect Produce
Test Engineering Manager
- REMOTE /
- ENGINEERING /
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is looking for a Test Engineering Manager to lead a team of highly talented engineers responsible for quality, test automation, and release. You will collaborate with product owners, engineering managers, engineers and program managers to ensure timely delivery of features with the highest quality. Candidates must have deep technical experience with all aspects of test automation.
Initially, candidates will be required to actually write test code themselves as well as manage our existing team and work to grow the QA team. This is an exciting time to join us and to support the growing Engineering team at Imperfect. The position will report to the Director of DevOps. If you are a strategic thinker who is a hands on manager, passionate about leadership and developing teams, and Imperfect’s mission — we’d love to hear from you!
- Responsible for overall quality of software developed at Imperfect
- Architect, implement and maintain test automation systems that fill testing gaps in a stable way
- Configure and maintain test environments alongside our DevOps team
- Manage a small but growing team of QA Test Engineers/Analysts
- Provide technical mentorship to the folks that you manage directly
- Research and analyze metrics related to software quality in order to spot trends and make recommendations for improvement
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of managing QA Test Automation Engineers or as a QA Lead
- 5+ years experience directly writing test code
- Experience architecting test automation frameworks and using testing design patterns, such as page object model
- Deep understanding of all levels of the testing pyramid and how to build test infrastructure that supports it
- Experience with testing methodologies such as BDD or TDD
- You have a high degree of technical aptitude in all aspects of software QA test automation
- You love seeing an all green test suite that runs in a minimal amount of time
- You relish the role of being a player/coach – both managing the team and doing hands-on QA work
- You’re willing and able to provide technical mentorship to more junior QA team members
- You’re a team player able to work in collaboration with DevOps, software developers and other internal stakeholders
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You’re an effective time managerYou’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of DevOps
- Remote position anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel to new and existing facilities required as needed
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!