Test Engineer at Glofox
Title: Test Engineer – Cork/Dublin/Galway/Remote
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful. At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same.
Were on a mission to establish and nurture a world class Research and Development Department. As tester in Glofox youll play a key role in enabling our teams to deliver value to our customer quickly, reliably and sustainably. At Glofox we firmly believe that quality is a whole team responsibility. Youll be embedded in a fully cross functional team working closely with your teammates to determine what needs to be built, identify risks early and apply the appropriate test approach for the team.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with the team lead to establish and evolve a whole team test approach.
- Establishing and facilitating quality related team practices such as 3 amigos type sessions, bug bashes, incident learning reviews, testability reviews and operability reviews.
- Actively partaking in discussions related to technical decisions.
- Collaborating with your teammates to identify and automate the appropriate tests.
- Collaborating with your teammates to exploratory test and uncover unexpected risks.
- Working with the team to establish and maintain a fast, reliable pipeline that provides valuable feedback on every change as it moves towards production.
- Collaborating with UX, Product and Customer Success to better understand our customers and manage customer incidents effectively.
What Skills Do I need?
Youll need some of the following:
- 5+ years experience in a software testing or quality role
- Experience in establishing and managing an effective whole team test approach
- Proficient testing in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proficient in exploratory and session based testing
- Experience in applying different techniques, tools and approaches based on context
- Experience in testing technically complex systems
- Knowledge of when and when not to use automation in testing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Passionately team-oriented and collaborative
And we will be impressed if you have experience in:
- Mobile Testing
- Cloud Platform Testing
- Testing in Production
- Reliability Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Security Testing
- Performance Testing
- Continuous Delivery
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Testing Community Involvement
The chance to work at a fast-growing startup in an attractive space
Freedom to work from wherever you like – We embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries. If you wish to work from an office environment, we have offices in Cork, Dublin and Galway, Ireland.
- The opportunity to help fitness entrepreneurs improve the health of people worldwide
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, youll likely be able to execute it
- Macbooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Any support you need to level up your skills – conferences, books, screencasts
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!