Test Automation Engineer
This position is remote based.
GitLab is looking for motivated engineers to help grow our test automation efforts across the entire GitLab platform. This is a key software development position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. We are excited to find candidates who have a passion for high quality software, enjoy collaborating with other teams, and are methodical problem solvers.
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
- Develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo replication, CI/CD, and load balancing.
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests.
- Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability. You should know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
- Strive for the fastest feedback possible. Test parallelization should be a top priority. You see distributed systems as a core challenge of good test automation infrastructure.
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner.
- Strong experience developing in Ruby
- Strong experience using Git
- Experience using test automation tools like Capybara, Watir, Selenium
- Relevant work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with AWS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
- Ideally we are looking for someone with security testing experience, however, this isn’t a prerequisite for an application
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.