Bilingual At-Home Telephone Data Collectors
Location US – Home-based telephone work
Career Area: Telephone Data Collection
Job Status: Part-Time
We are seeking Vietnamese/English bilingual at-home telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews on a variety of subjects, such as education, the environment, health and transportation. Candidates must be able to work 15-40 hours per week,during the following times weekdays (9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET), evenings (6:00PM – 10:00PM ET), and late evenings (9:00PM – 12:00AM ET), with flexibility to work weekends (Sat. 10am-6pm ET, Sun. 2pm-10pm ET) as needed by the assigned project.
- be 18 or older
- Be able to work in both Vietnamese/English
- provide voice sample
- Meet the following at Home Equipment requirements at the time of application:
- Landline phone service
- Not permitted:
- Cell phones
- Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network
- features (e. g. call waiting, voice mail, call forwarding, etc.) must be disabled during working hours
- long distance service is NOT required
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows-based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed – most current non-beta version
- up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- regular in-home access to a printer
- a wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download speed
- Connection must be hard-wired with ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- a web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verification)
- a quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.