Telephone Data Collectors at Westat
Telephone Data Collectors
We are seeking at-home telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews on a variety of subjects, such as education, the environment, health and transportation.
Candidates must be able to work a combination of shifts for15-40 hours per week. The shift timings are: Day (10 AM- 6 PM) Evening (6pm-12pm ET) and Weekends (Sat. 10a-6pm ET, Sun 2pm-9pm ET).
- be 18 or older
- provide voice sample
Meet the following at-home equipment requirements at the time of application:
- A wired high-speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download and upload speeds
- Connection must be hard-wired with Ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- Landline phone service
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows-based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed -most current non-beta version
- Up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- In-home access to a printer
- A webcam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verification)
- A quiet private and secure workspace to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
- Cell phones, Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network
- Features (e.g. call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding etc.) must be disabled during working hours
- Long-distance service is NOT required
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 15497BR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!