Technology Specialist, Emissions at Lloyd's Register
Title: Technology Specialist, Emissions
Job ID: 34456
Location: Remote based, so global location could be considered
Technology Emissions Specialist
Multiple locations to be considered worldwide
We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the marine & offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel & innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
A vacancy exists for a Senior Emissions Specialist to support the development of LR’s Rules and Regulations for the design and construction of ships and offshore installations and associated products and services. The Emissions Specialist will be focused on ensuring the safe integration of the emissions management technologies being developed for use onboard ships and offshore installations for the management of a range of emissions considered harmful to humans and/or the environment.
The successful candidate is likely to have extensive knowledge and practical experience of emissions management technologies already in use onboard ships such as catalytic conversion of nitrogen oxide emissions but also knowledge, and ideally practical experience, of technologies related to the treatment of other harmful emissions such as carbon dioxide, methane and ammonia perhaps gained in an industrial, petrochemical or power generation environment.
- Provide Emissions technology expertise to the technology development plan and projects in support of the development of decarbonisation related products and services.
- Review and assimilate the results of Emissions technology related activities in support of the development of decarbonisation related products and services.
- Disseminate and communicate Emissions technology knowledge and experience internally through training, presentation, guidance, advice etc. and externally through client meetings, workshops, seminars, webinars etc to support the development of internal capability and support the delivery decarbonisation related products and services.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Emissions technology developments across the industry and provide Emissions technology representation to industry bodies, industry associations and industry working groups including regulatory development, standards development, technology development etc. and act as external point of contact for Emissions technology matters relating to decarbonisation.
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science.
- Prior experience of current emissions management technologies used in Marine and Offshore together with knowledge of emissions management technologies used in industrial, petrochemical, power generation environment working gained in a design, manufacturing, integration or O&M capacity.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Proficiency in the English Language commensurate with the work.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd’s Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
Copyright © Lloyd’s Register 2021. All rights reserved.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment.