Position: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Digital Director
Salary: $85,000-90,000 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Remote
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the nation’s leading voice for dignity and fairness for the millions of domestic workers in the United States, most of whom are women. We fight with some of country’s most unseen workers — those who take care of our homes and our families — and together we win.
NDWA is a digital-forward organization focused on developing innovative strategies to organize and engage workers and supporters. We are looking for an experienced and inventive Technology Director to provide sound technical leadership for all of NDWA’s web properties, databases and technical integrations.
We’re looking for an analytical, smart, and data-obsessed person to oversee all of NDWA’s technical platforms, provide guidance and support for digital targeting, troubleshoot problems, and execute new projects in a rapid response, real-time environment. The ideal candidate would have confidence and knowledge in a variety of tech-related areas, can see the big picture, implement thoughtful solutions, and feel empowered to propose alternatives and work-arounds for the best user experience.
- Maintains NDWA’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans involving data and technology components;
- Proposes data and technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization priorities, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and integrating that knowledge to create and implement systems that work;
- Provides support for NDWA staff in using our member database, and ongoing customization of the database as needed, including syncing with eCRM platforms (Action Network, ActBlue, Mobile Commons);
- Manages NDWA’s cloud-based servers and backup, websites, and computers;
- Manages updates for websites, including making technical/structural updates, developing new functionality and content;
- Secures and manages technology contractors and vendors;
- Ensures safe work practices through creating and implementing digital security policies and systems;
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development;
- Plans computer acquisitions, upgrades, installation, and maintenance;
- Trains staff of varying technology skill and experience on current & new technologies;
- Evaluates and implements systems and processes necessary to support a remote staff of 60+;
- Maintains user accounts and permissions on various systems including Google Apps, directory systems, websites, etc; and
- Manages “help desk” protocols and responses for voice/data/technology questions and oversees basic desktop support when needed.
- Stay on top of the latest digital organizing and communications trends and technology, seeking out ways to integrate them into NDWA;
- Other work as needed
- 4+ years experience
- Experience deploying and providing end user support on the following programs and/or platforms: Drupal and WordPress, Action Network, ActBlue, Mobile Commons, Salesforce, QuickBase, Mac products and software, Google Applications for Non-Profits, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience in developing and maintaining websites (Drupal 7 and WordPress);
- Experience in customizing relational databases (QuickBase experience preferred, but experience with Powerbase/CiviCRM or other cloud database will be considered);
- Comfortable coding in HTML and CSS, and modifying Drupal and WordPress themes.
- Experience with RESTful APIs preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Organized, emotionally intelligent and collaborative teammate, happy working in a fast-moving remote-work team;
- Experience with, and curiosity about, trying new technologies and testing to learn and improve our work;
- Alignment with NDWA’s vision and values, including an understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, women, immigrant communities, and other communities of color.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience with data security practices and implementation
- QA & optimization experience
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample via this link. This position will remain open until filled.