Technical Writer at Relativity
Technical Writer – 21-0229
- REMOTE UNITED STATES /
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT – CUSTOMER CONTENT-PM-DB /
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company’s history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
The Documentation team is looking for a Technical Writer with a strong user-focused software documentation background to deliver exceptional content that supports a world-class SaaS user experience. This role is responsible for creating accurate, engaging, user-focused documentation that adheres to Relativity’s technical writing and quality standards. A successful candidate must be energized by building deep customer empathy, identifying opportunities to enable customers use of our products, collaborating with product managers, engineers and other subject matter experts, and working effectively in a team of product documentation professionals. Technical Writers at Relativity operate under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
Skills you will accrue on the job: This section describes the skills that aren’t required for entry into the Technical Writer role but ones that you will accrue along the way, depending on the needs of the business and of the Documentation team.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Support, and Subject Matter Experts in other groups to plan, research, create, and revise product documentation
- Produce accurate, engaging, and user-focused documentation and advise associate tech writers to deliver the same
- Tailor content for Relativity’s user personas, from non-technical end users to programmers and system administrators, and advise associate tech writers on best practices for writing to various audiences
- Adhere to existing Relativity styles, policies, and procedures for content, help maintain the team’s style guide and glossary, and innovate on all Documentation team standards where possible
- Follow best practices for interacting directly with Relativity customers and innovate on these where possible, including how to receive, respond to, and assign customer-submitted questions on published content; advise associate tech writers on how to best interact with customers
- Contribute to the team’s efforts for improving internal processes, follow best practices for troubleshooting the tools used to publish content, and innovate on those practices where possible
- Contribute to the team’s ability to adapt to release cycle and other process changes; propose ideas for how the team can best adapt to company-wide changes
- API writing
- Usability testing
- User-centric design
- Web design
- Project management
- Scripting and Automation
- Search engine optimization
- Google Analytics and other reporting metrics
- Advanced technical writing, content production, and technical editing skills
- Experience working in a technology organization that utilized agile development methodologies, with frequent product releases
- Advanced communication and teamwork skills
- Experience integrating user stories, use cases and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Advanced knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects of various sizes and topics
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and Relativity employees
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least three years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Customer focus and empathy
- Passionate about learning and developing your own skills as well as assisting others
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based)
- Exposure to technical communication programs
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!