Technical Writer at Aquent
- Location: Client is in NY – work can be done remotely
- Job Terms: Temporary
- Salary: W2, Hourly – depends on experience
- Start date: TBD
Our client, a leading Health Services company, is looking for a Technical Writer for their Data & Analytics organization. In this role, you’ll be a key member of the innovation and machine learning lab, gathering insights about the users throughout the healthcare ecosystem. You’ll contribute to the Design and Research Standards, used by dozens of teams developing products to improve insurance and healthcare for millions of people.
In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with the Product Design and UX Research Teams as they create reusable assets used across the organization.
- Work with the design and research teams to create world-class documentation, including: Design Standards, Research Standards, Research Templates, Design System Guides, BA and Data Visualization best practices and tutorials.
- Build and maintain the site to host all these reusable assets and guides.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
- As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
- They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
- These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
- Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
- This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
- Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes:
- Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work.
- Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Familiarity with Design Systems and Design Thinking preferred. Experience creating Design and Research Standards documentation is ideal.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- BA/BS degree in Literature, Computer Science, Design, or related field
- HUMAN FACTORS
- RESEARCH STRATEGY
- USER RESEARCH
- MACHINE LEARNING
- UI DESIGN
- USER EXPERIENCE
- USER INTERFACE
- USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- WEB UI
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!