Technical Writer at Gooten
- Location: New York City • New York • Remote
- Hires remotely in: North America
- Job type: Full-time
- Visa sponsorship: Not Available
- Experience: 2+ years
Gooten is a workflow automation platform for eCommerce businesses to create products, market their businesses, and provide first mile logistics services on a global basis. Gooten’s platform allows for thousands of eCommerce companies to access on-demand production capacity, with an integrated product creation tool set that provides out of the box customization and personalization. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
About the role:
As Gooten’s first Technical Writer you will need to have the expertise to create engaging and thoughtful stories for internal and external users by understanding technical aspects of a digital product. In this role you will act as a translator, providing knowledgeable information and training materials that will resonate best with highly technical and non-technical customers. You will also be responsible for continuously editing content to ensure users have the best possible experience when changes occur on the Gooten platform. As a successful Technical Writer at Gooten, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced and dynamic culture.
What you will do:
- Edit, pitch, research, and occasionally write articles for the Gooten blog by creating deep dives on modern technologies, in-depth monitoring guides and tutorials as well as announcements for new features and integrations
- Provide precise and detailed editorial feedback to stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to clarify the technical correctness while making the articles visually appealing
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Measure reader engagement rates, and collect user feedback to iterate and improve the content focus and distribution
- Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, or Journalism
- 2-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in a related role
- Experience working in an IT development environment preferred
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill ** A portfolio of work that demonstrates knowledge and ability as a Technical Writer must be submitted with your application.
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as many opportunities to continue to develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!