Technical Writer at Degreed
- US BASED REMOTE
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
Degreed is looking for an expert Technical Writer to join our content publishing team in Product Operations, reporting to the VP of Product Operations. As a Technical Writer, you’ll create, edit, and organize highly technical information and turn it into meaningful value-driven outputs for internal and external audiences.
Part writer, part tech geek, you have a passion for making complex ideas clear and compelling for a range of audiences. You’ll partner with our stakeholders to identify business challenges, gather info from subject-matter experts (SMEs) to address those challenges, and distill that info into guidance for the right customer at the right time.
This is an incredible opportunity to become part of the content publishing team responsible for driving expertise and scale across the most innovative skills-driven company in the world. You will be primarily responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining, procedural, and technical documentation in line with Degreed’s agile release process. You’ll work closely with the Product and Technology team members, and other internal functional groups such as Product Marketing, Enablement teams, and Client Experience.
As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, and updating knowledge center articles and FAQs with a guiding principle to communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately without using jargon.
- Produce and update documentation on product features including user manuals, operations guides, flow diagrams, video scripts, strategy and policy documents, and standard operating procedures
- Write new content in the style that is most suitable for each target audience
- Edit copy for voice, tone, and accuracy
- Map out frameworks and methodologies that are easy to understand
- Manage and refine existing content in need of refresh and/or revamp
- Partner with the documentation team members to inventory, organize, and publish content into our content management tools and knowledge base channels
- Review content analytics to understand customer impact and inform future content creation decisions
- Prioritize and manage commitments effectively in a fast-paced environment, in partnership with the Client Experience Enablement and Customer Support teams
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and implement revisions to in-app text
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of all documentation and other deliverables for each monthly release. Understand the complexities of our product/technology so you can clearly communicate how it works and why it matters
- 7+ years of experience as a technical writer, familiar with the documentation lifecycle and corresponding quality assurance reviews
- 7+ years’ experience in technical communication, which includes but is not limited to technical writing, instructional design, technical editing, copyediting or proofreading, quality assurance, and user experience design
- Project Management experience; ability to identify and define doc deliverables, process gaps, and proposed solutions
- Experience working in geographically diverse teams, international and domestic
- Experience with gathering feedback and measuring success in documentation efforts (i.e. usage analytics, real-time critical feedback, gathering business feedback, et al)
- Experience developing and maintaining information architectures for technical documentation, including Knowledge Management or CMS systems
- Experience reviewing code and scripts, as well as technical diagrams & documentation
- Previous experience with XML, especially the DocBook Schema
- Experience with agile software development principles and practices
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, and Knowledge Base and support platforms
- Familiarity with a variety of US English style guides
- Knowledge of current digital technologies and software
- Familiarity with the learning and talent industry domains
- Experience with topic-based and single-source authoring
- Technical Writing/Editing
- Content production and design in varied formats
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Relationship building
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Project Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!