US BASED REMOTE
Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise. The smartest, brightest, and most bold, the tenacious, willing, the unsung heroes, self-taught, the scrappy, driven, the passionate, daring, the unafraid.
Degreed is looking for a Technical Writer who can help create, edit, and organize highly technical information and turn it into compelling and useful content for internal and external audiences.
You will be primarily responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining, procedural and technical documentation in line with Degreed’s agile release process. You’ll work closely with the Product and Technology team members, and other internal functional groups such as Marketing, Learning Services, Sales, Client Experience as needed.
As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, and updating help center queries and FAQs with a guiding principle to communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon.
- Produce and update technical documentation for product features, user manuals, operations guide, release notes, strategy and policy documents, design documents, white papers and standard operating procedures
- Consult with Product Designers, Product Managers, and developers on user-facing text strings in the product, including help text, field labels, and form descriptions
- Consult with Client Experience and Customer Support to ensure that all client-facing information is arranged appropriately
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and implement revisions to in-app text
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of all documentation and other deliverables for each monthly release
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience as a technical writer, familiar with the documentation lifecycle and corresponding quality assurance reviews
- 7+ years’ experience in technical communication, which includes but is not limited to technical writing, instructional design, technical editing, copyediting or proofreading, quality assurance, and user experience design
- Project Management experience; ability to identify and define doc deliverables, process gaps, and proposed solutions
- Experience working in geographically diverse teams, international and domestic
- Experience with gathering feedback and measuring success in documentation efforts (i.e., usage analytics, real-time critical feedback, gathering business feedback, et al)
- Experience developing and maintaining information architectures for technical documentation, including Knowledge Management or CMS systems
- Experience reviewing code and scripts, as well as technical diagrams & documentation
- Previous experience with XML, especially the DocBook Schema
- Experience with agile software development principles and practices
- Familiarity with a variety of US English style guides
- Knowledge of current digital technologies and software
- Familiarity with social learning, product, or course development helpful
- Experience in customer support or client experience roles
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.