Technical Writer – 4 month contract
Location: Golden, CO
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for a Technical Writer contractor for a 4 month assignment in a fast-growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries.
What you would be doing
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce documentation for streaming professionals who are new to Wowza products and/or streaming media as well as experienced Wowza Streaming Engine users. You’ll create and update a variety of learning content including user guides, technical articles, deployment guides, UI text, and API documentation for our core product, Wowza Streaming Engine. You’ll work closely with engineering, product lifecycle, and support teams to create and maintain a robust library of content that enables our customers to use our software effectively and efficiently.
You’ll report to the Documentation Manager as a member of the Technical Documentation team. You’ll work closely with cross-functional and geographically-dispersed professionals who are focused on creating, improving, and driving the adoption of Wowza Streaming Engine and other Wowza technologies. In this role, you’ll be a member of an agile development team working in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments of varying complexity. Your contributions will play a vital role in helping customers successfully implement their streaming goals.
This is a four-month contract position that starts in June 2019.
Experience we’d like you to have
- 2+ years producing technical documentation for commercially released software products.
- Familiarity with Wowza products and services and/or HTTP-based adaptive-bitrate streaming.
- Familiarity with Java, Java-based applications, and documenting installable software releases.
- Working with content-management or knowledgebase-authoring systems and source code repositories.
- Using technical writing style guidelines and SEO best practices to help raise content usability, discoverability, and quality. Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style and Chicago Manual of Style
- a plus.
- Working in iterative software development cycles that use agile methodologies and processes.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability gather and incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders into documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work remotely and/or work with remote team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will work in our Golden, CO, office but we will also consider applications from candidates who can fill the position remotely.
Please submit up to three recent writing samples with your application.