Technical Writer at Percona
- GLOBAL SERVICES – PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- At Percona, our team of technical writers is responsible for making the lives of people using Percona products happier by ensuring that our documentation is correct, comprehensive, and easy to follow.
- We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our Platform Engineering team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) and several other services part of Percona Platform.
- The Technical Writer will serve as our voice to our technical users and customers ensuring that we have high quality documentation that is thorough but still easy to understand.
- We want someone who will strive for a consistent delivery of documentation be it how-to, getting started guides, references, or you name it. Most of all, we want you to bring your curiosity and experience to ensure we continually improve our existing practices.
What You Will Do
- Analyze documentation needs and make recommendations regarding documentation priorities
- Work with team members to create and implement a documentation plan
- Write practical guides and other documentation to help get users and customers started with Percona products
- Partner with our engineering team to create a strong product experience through documentation
- Partner with our marketing department to ensure our technical and creative approach to communicating our product features is consistent and accurate
- Coach other team members to improve their writing and establish a culture where documentation is seen as first-citizen
- Maintain documentation versions and be a significant contributor to our overall documentation strategy
- Advocate for our users and customers in everything you do
- Professional experience as a technical writer
- Technical writing experience with both SaaS and deployed product offerings
- Hands-on experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Graduate-level written English and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to create high quality user-facing content for software products
- Ability to work with others in a team in a remote setting
- Ability to closely cooperate with development teams, understand and speak their technical language
- Ability to learn how to use new software quickly
- Highly-motivated self-starter with outstanding time management skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with documentation in open source projects
- Previous experience as a DBA (Database Administrator) or DBRE (Database Reliability Engineer)
- Familiarity/knowledge of Percona Monitoring and Managrment (PMM)
- Familiarity with GitHub and other developer tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Bachelor degree (any field, thesis published) or professional publications
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!