Technical Writer at WEX
- US – Remote
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our growing group of high-performing software engineers on the Enterprise Architecture team at WEX. The team is part of the Corporate Payments & Enterprise Platform Services organization which is building out common payment tools and services for all of WEX.
We are seeking a teammate who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with our engineering and product groups. In this role, you will be hands-on with our products and services as you create new and improve existing documentation for our APIs, SDKs, and customer-developed integrations.
A successful candidate will have an established background in writing technical documentation for software projects, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with engineering and product teams to document new products, features, and APIs. Includes detailed descriptions of hundreds of API endpoints with the help of the software engineers.
- Help with the documentation for the process and procedures for our different standards boards.
- Responsible for creating/maintaining the overall systems documentation as well as producing user documentation. Help review and maintain the software documentation to keep it up to date and to ensure accuracy.
- Drive all aspects of documentation development from planning through release.
- Responsible for working with subject matter experts in determining root cause and corrective actions associated with Incidents and helping to write up the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports. Help with writing executive summaries for customer-facing incidents.
- Achieve and maintain content quality through rigorous testing and review, as well as curation and performance analysis.
- Create visual artifacts where needed to enhance and help clarify textual documentation content.
- Three to five years of technical writing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills and American English language skills (usage, grammar, and punctuation).
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge in producing enterprise-quality API documentation.
- Flexibility to work with team members both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to pass a writing assessment that demonstrates your ability to take a complex task and document it in a way that makes it easy enough that anyone could accomplish it.
- Proven experience with writing user documentation and leading projects.
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You are fluent in reading and writing in at least 1 programming language. (e.g. Ruby, Python, Go, bash).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructures such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative, and interesting educational materials.
- You have the ability to write sample code/requests for common developer use cases.
- You can document high-level API patterns and themes from scratch.
- You have a thorough knowledge of developer environments and an understanding of current API documentation standards.
- Deep familiarity with Oauth 2.0 and how it functions
- Familiarity with the OpenAPI/Swagger specification
- You have familiarity with git or other version control systems.
- You have familiarity with markdown.
- You have some experience in producing visuals that aid in understanding the technical content you write (e.g. diagrams, business process flows).
This job may be performed remotely within the United States, except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!