Technical Writer at ConvergeOne
- Job LocationsVirtual Office
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
C1 Company Overview
ConvergeOne: 1 Contact, 1 Connection, 1 Choice
- ConvergeOne is the foremost, single-source provider of advanced communications and data technology for business.
- That means if it’s digital, we connect our customers to it — from phone systems and hardware to computer networks, application development, managed solutions and more.
- And we’re 100% passionate with designing, implementing, managing and supporting our customers’ every need from end to end, so that they can focus on what they do best.
- So, when it comes to joining a team of IT and communications technology pros who are empowered to do what they do best, your best choice — your #1 choice — is ConvergeOne.
Charged By Greatness video:
- The Technical Writer is primarily responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for the organization’s products and solutions.
- The technical writer should be familiar with technical communication concepts, practices and procedures.
- Works with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.)
- Builds and maintains client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques
- Learns complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with others
- Performs as an integratl part of cross function product teams, learns aboaut products by hands-on experience
- Gathers feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Acts as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation across
- Monitors metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct feedback to prioritize future training investments
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Excellent research skills, must be able to organize ideas and be able to translate technical terms into text that any reader can understand
- Familiar with technical communication concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Willingness to jump in and tackle new challenges
- Able to facilitate discussion and drive to a decision
- A continuous delivery mindset
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Team oriented; desire to win as a team
- Creative; finding creative solutions to challenges and excited about learning as well as applying critical thinking
Desired/Preferred Knowledge Of:
- SaaS experience
- REST API’s
- Adobe RoboHelp
- SDL pic
- Goggle Analytics
- Open Web Analytics
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
ConvergeOne provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Overview (Text Only)
The Technical Writer is primarily responsible for writing and editing technical documnetation for the organizations products and solutions. The technical writer should be familiar with technical communication concepts, practices and procedures.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!