Technical Writer at Linode
- Philadelphia, PA or Remote US
Linode, the leader in cloud computing for developers, is seeking a talented Technical Editor Contractor to join our growing documentation team. As a Technical Editor Contractor at Linode, you will be required to edit tutorials, how-tos, and guides for Linode’s open-source library of documentation. You should have significant prior experience with, and knowledge of, Linux and open-source software. You will need a command of the English language, and a working knowledge of Git.
You will help Linode maintain existing documentation, and edit new how-to guides and tutorials on a wide range of topics relevant to Linode cloud computing users. For instance, you may be tasked with editing a tutorial with instructions for a new version of a Linux distribution or editing a guide on how to install a new content management system. You will work alongside a knowledgeable, experienced group of technical writers in a collaborative environment.
This is a fully-remote contract position and we are accepting applications from anywhere worldwide.
- Edit, organize and curate technical content about Linux, Cloud, and software development topics.
- Edit and proofread documentation created by other writers and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Work directly with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support teams to collect information required for the preparation of documents, and develop a strong technical understanding of the topics.
- Contribute to plans for creating new guides and editing existing documentation
- Work independently and cross-functionally under general supervision
- Suggest improvements to our style guide and linter.
- Edit for technical accuracy, readability, and usability.
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or another subject.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience.
- Experience with Git and Github.
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills.
- The ability to use a Linux shell environment.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service – we’ll pick up the tab.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!