Technical SEO Strategist at Angi
Remote | Full-time
Technical SEO Strategist
at Angi (View all jobs)
New York, NY or Remote
- Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services.
- With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs.
- Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive.
- We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes – join us!
About the Role
- Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Technical SEO Strategist who will be responsible for developing and implementing projects that increase the SEO performance of Angi.com and HomeAdvisor.com.
- This role will have a high degree of ownership over the technical SEO roadmap including prioritizing projects and the detailing needs for implementation.
- Responsibilities will include conducting assessments to identify opportunities, quantifying their merits, and working with product and engineering teams to implement them successfully.
- This role will work closely with Product, Engineering, IT and design to evaluate the technical SEO impacts of proposed initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct deep and regular dives into indexation, crawling and rendering to identify actionable improvements.
- Analyze log files, crawl records and web analytics data to identify opportunities.
- Provide engineering ready requirements for page speed / site performance, mobile first indexing, single page application rendering, and more.
- Undertake detailed assessments of competitors to identify specific optimizations that can give Angi a competitive advantage.
- Review emerging web technologies for SEO opportunities, quantify their potential impact, and spearhead their adoption.
- Translate algorithmic changes and emerging search trends into optimization strategies.
- Design and propose SEO experiments to test new techniques and strategies for growth.
- Package technical workflows into processes for SEO colleagues and train them accordingly.
- Assess IT, engineering, and product initiatives for SEO ramifications and provide actionable feedback.
Who You Are:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as computer science/engineering, mathematics, economics, or statistics)
- Demonstrated track record of success driving results & business growth via technical SEO
- 5+ years of SEO experience with enterprise-level websites (i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of URLs)
- Understanding of front-end subjects such as HTML/CSS/JS, Schema, DOM, page speed / critical rendering path, and SSL.
- Ability to leverage advanced workflows for identifying opportunities at scale (such as APIs, SQL, Python, and advanced Excel functions)
- Comfortable with large and complex data sets (examples include log files, crawl data, and database records)
- Experience leveraging enterprise class SEO tools such as onCrawl, Deep Crawl, STAT, Botify and others
- Familiarity with page speed and site performance optimization initiatives while leveraging platforms such as New Relic, Speed curve, Lighthouse, CrUX, etc.
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst or Google Analytics 360 strongly desired
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world