Technical Recruiter at DockYard
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Who We Are
DockYard is looking for a Technical Recruiter who is passionate about developing relationships, learning more about state-of-the-art web applications, and helping others find the right fit.
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
The Technical Recruiter will report directly to the Employee Experience Manager and work closely with the Chief People Officer to meet recruitment goals and foster an exemplary candidate experience. This role will assist in developing and executing a recruiting strategy including sourcing and expanding candidate pipelines. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to grow and develop as a Recruiting and Employee Engagement professional!
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and recruitment best practices.
- Source, screen, interview, and evaluate candidates
- Foster long-term relationships with candidates
- Review and understand technical job requirement requirements
- Review applicants to verify if position requirements are met
- Assist in creating detailed job descriptions
- Follow up with candidates
- Assist in writing and posting technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like Linkedin and Github
- Perform blind pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Own the onboarding process for all new hires
- Meet regularly with department directors to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals
- Promote company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Employee Engagement responsibilities as assigned
- 1-3 years of proven work experience as a Recruiter, preferably in the Tech space
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Google Hangouts, Zoom)
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for software engineering (both front-end and back-end), design, and project management roles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Passionate champion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Confident self starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a remote team
Perks & Benefits
- 100% fully distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Level: Early to Mid level professional
EOE: DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!