Technical Recruiter (PT)
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We’re democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $10 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more).
We are looking to hire a contract recruiter to help scale our engineering organization. You will focus primarily on technical roles, with emphasis on helping us creatively source and tap into pools of strong talent. We’ll look to your expertise to effectively identify candidates, lead early communications, and build a strong pipeline.
This is a 3 month contract with the possibility of extension.
What You’ll Do
- Creatively source candidates from LinkedIn, AngelList and other resources – we’re excited for your recommendations and to test out new sourcing pools!
- Develop outbound strategy across platforms
- Work with the hiring manager to screen inbound applicants
- Drive the initial stages of the recruiting process, including scheduling and conducting phone screens
- Support the Operations team in building a strong pipeline
Who You Are
- 2 to 4+ years experience driving recruiting for technical positions — you need to be able to talk the talk to properly source and screen candidates, in addition to giving hiring managers leverage
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll be the first impression of our company, and your ability to represent us in the market will be essential
- Operational focus — great recruiting is all about the process to make sure we can deliver consistently and predictably
Who You’ll Work With
- Michael Karnjanaprakorn (CEO) who was formerly the CEO/founder of Skillshare
- Tye Wang (Head of Engineering) who was a Lead Architect at Venmo
- James Gilligan (Head of Operations) who ran operations at CommonBond and helped originate $1.5B
- Join our team with full flexibility of your own schedule.
- Get access to our internal company Slack
- Invited to special company events