Technical Project Manager
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This role is fully remote.
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers – to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. This individual will work with the engineering and product team to help coordinate around objectives, follow up on tasks and timelines, and organize information within Jira and confluence. Projects to manage could require an agile or waterfall or combination approach depending upon their nature. With many moving objectives it’s easy to lose track of small, but important, tasks. A project manager working with the engineering team will have a narrow focus, managing the timeline and requirements of projects, especially across functional areas.
- Work with the Product Team to break up larger epics and stories into smaller consumable units of development
- Work with the Product Team, Engineering Team and major stakeholders to coordinate work and follow up on deliverables
- Identify task blockers in advance
- Groom tickets and boards, looking for duplicates, invalid, or undefined tickets to help ensure everything in the queue is ready to be worked on
- Developing road maps through accurate estimates based on the momentum of the Engineering Team
- Maintain, coordinate, and communicate project timelines
- Create executive dashboards and reports that would show the status of major projects, resource utilization, gaps and roadmap
Requirements for Consideration:
- Minimum of 10+ years experience working as a project manager or similar role
- Two or more years experience with Kanban project management or light Scrum, and the openness to experiment with process
- Excellent communications skills and eagerness to ask questions and understand business and product objectives
- The energy and patience to work in a rapidly growing industry, and the ability to recognize and pursue objectives independently
- Superb organizational skills and an analytical view on maximizing productivity, with a focus on value and not getting caught up on process
- resilient determination to push projects through to completion, regardless of how often priorities and deadlines may shift with little notice