Technical Project Manager
We’re a team of funny, smart, passionate, engineering monsters who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to dozens of open source projects and as a team, we’re a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating and improving powerful open source tools for developers everywhere. As part of the team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas and energy to crafting elegant solutions for our customers and contributing to the exciting world of open source!
We are searching for a new technical project manager to help us meet the needs of our expanding business. SitePen has an array of ongoing web development initiatives and we’re looking for a business-minded, yet equally technical, project manager to manage multiple web projects through to completion.
The unique individual we are looking for is one that lives and breathes organization. We have a lot of critical details and deadlines to keep track of. Most people would run screaming from the thought of this, but we are looking for the one person that would run toward such a challenge.
This position is not for the faint of heart. We are a fun loving, tight knit team that has been working together for many years. If you want to succeed you have to be strong-willed, have a hearty sense of humor, and still be highly professional. You need to have strong opinions, and be capable of abandoning those opinions in the face of contradicting evidence. If you are curious, creative, and enjoy collaborating then you’ll be in welcome company here.
You’re also going to need a lot of technical experience. Are you already comfortable in a terminal window? Do you find some pleasure in reading technical requirements? Can you translate technical requirements for business owners?
If everything we’ve said above resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in any software or business-related field, or equivalent experience in project management
- Ability to quickly and effectively facilitate conversations (online chat and verbal) with teammates, management, and clients
- Ability to proactively handle collaboration with multiple groups, constructively address business and technical issues, and switch hats in a moment’s notice
- Ability to understand estimates and effort required to complete a project, and coordination of the effort to ensure timely deliverables
- Experience with QA best practices, including Agile, and Waterfall methods
- Must love scheduling and documentation
- Superior organizational skills
Other important attributes we are looking for:
- 2+ years in software application development in an engineering role. If you’re a software engineer now, we’d love to chat with you
- Strong experience with fullstack development
- Experience with Open Source Software (OSS) in a development or management role
- Must be able to think strategically on your feet
- Must be able to remain confident and completely professional while holding the line on scope creep with high profile clients
- Have an eye for quality to help developers deliver projects that surpass client expectations
- Must be deliberate, seeking out and consuming information from multiple sources before making a decision
- If time is of the essence, be able to make a gut decision
- Self-disciplined and able to manage projects and teams in a virtual environment
What you will do:
- Provide encouragement, support and leadership to cross-project, cross-department teams
- Facilitate effective and efficient client and team interaction to further project process
- Foster healthy, open communication among team members
- Provide timely updates on all assigned projects
- Help your team deliver amazing deliverables on time and on budget
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume. As a bonus, include one of your notable achievements and one of the coolest places you have visited within your cover letter.
You’ll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.