Technical Project Manager at Tempo Software
Technical Project Manager
- Location: Open to Global Talent
We are always looking for new talent to join us in our mission to optimize time tracking. As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that is not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers love!
About The Job
Tempo is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager for its Product Operations team! Reporting into the Product Operations Manager, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on coordinating the completion of highly technical projects internally and externally. You will be expected to lead projects across multiple teams that may have a stake in a technical project. You’ll manage the masterplan, push progress forward to meet deadlines, and liaise with non-technical stakeholders to ensure the project stays on the rails.
What the Role Involves
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with client sponsors, teams, and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis through formal and informal channels to ensure that they are kept informed of status of the assigned projects.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, ensuring adherence to the project baseline.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using JIRA and other appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables, ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary, to improve project performance.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project retrospectives and create a report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements as well as any required action items.
- Adapt Agile best practices and tools for project execution and management based on unique situations and contexts.
- Coordinate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience, with a majority of that working as a project manager of cross functional teams.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams (SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe)
- Proven ability to managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation and/or Prince2 Practitioner certification would be an asset.
- Agile certifications (CSM, CPO, PSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP, etc) would be a desirable asset.
- Experience managing projects using JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar relevant degree, with MBA (preferred).
What’s In It For You
- Remote work options!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!
At Tempo Software, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive culture. As such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!