Technical Project Manager at Agosto
Technical Project Manager – Google Cloud
- REMOTE – CANADA – AST /
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT – PROJECT /
- FULL TIME
- Technical Project Manager – Cloud
- North America | Canada | US | Remote | Work from Home
Are you a Canadian or US based Technical Project Manager (TPM)? Do you have experience planning and leading cloud implementation and migrations projects? How about Big Data or DevOps projects? Are you a customer obsessed, creative, technical leader? Can you work with Solution Architects to implement the details of the backlogs you build together, consistent with best practices and customer satisfaction? Will you ensure Pythian’s customers get the most from their Google Cloud Platform or other cloud investments? This is not a typical project management role, the TPM role requires someone who is highly technical, ideally with a strong knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or other public cloud technologies (AWS or Azure etc). If you have a passion for technical project management and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- As the Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering cloud related projects to Pythian’s customers. The TPM is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leader capabilities along with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Leading a wide range of concurrent highly technical cloud focused projects such as re-architecting and rehosting, lift-and-shifts, hybrid clouds, full rebuilds, cloud-native application modernizations, Data Migrations, DevOps transformations etc
- Developing and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Performing risk management on projects
- You will be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Working closely with Pythian’s, Solutions Architecture, DevOps and Data Engineering teams as well as with clients technical teams to provide strategic insights in order to deliver the solution to the client.
- Providing technical project leadership to the teams, drive closure of technical issues by working with the architect, developers and client teams
- Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across Pythian.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of the DevOps automation platforms
- Playing the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers
- Reporting to Pythian & Clients on Project Financials
- Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers & developers removing roadblocks to ensure they can deliver.
What do we need from you?
- While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Technical Project Manager – Cloud job you will likely have experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- Be PMP or Agile CSM certified or working towards it.
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure technology stacks, holding a relevant technical certification would be ideal!
- Experience leading cloud migration projects, Dev Ops transformations or Big Data projects
- Experience in projects delivered via CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Strong exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package including a performance bonus
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds in inclusive and diverse teams with colleagues around the world
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!