Technical Project Manager
REMOTE · Orem, Utah, United States
Slingshot is one of the best Utah start-ups, and we’ve been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of America’s fastest growing companies (#146!!!). We have our HQ in Orem, Utah, with representatives working from their homes across the state. Slingshot believes in a world where conversations matter, where technology enhances human interaction instead of replacing it, and where people can effortlessly connect with service providers that help home feel like home.
Were looking for a talented, driven, and inventive Project Manager who can create amazing tech experiences across a variety of internal and client-facing applications. Youll work alongside our development team to refine existing solutions, execute upcoming projects, and identify areas of opportunity. Our ideal candidate values autonomy, embraces accountability, and thrives in a positive, fast, and collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to lead and motivate development teams and interact with all levels Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties
- Assign and monitor work of developers, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Manage scope throughout the project duration. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, database and system design
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standard
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and project team
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
What youll gain:
- Great pay, incentives, and growth opportunities
- An opportunity to work alongside company founders and executives
- The flexibility to work from home or from our office in Orem (our office has Super Smash Bros and a dog, just sayin’)
- A generous PTO allotment gives you the time to build the underground crime empire youve always dreamed of.
- Hang-gliding accident? Flesh-eating bacteria? We’ve got a Health Care plan for that.
- Well help you prepare for your future like a squirrel caching acorns with a matching 401(k).
- You may not be the Pewter City Gym Leader, but we’ll hook you up with a Gym Membership anyway!