Technical Project Manager
SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
PRODUCT – PRODUCT
Who We Are
Loom has helped over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your frontfacing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required.
We are building to enhance work communication and weave (yes, we said it) teams closer together. Especially those spread around the globe. Our first Technical Project Manager will play a critical role in this mission by bringing operational excellence across our Product, Engineering, and Design teams.
As our first Technical Project Manager, you will own the timelines of critical projects. You will coordinate between product, engineering, and design teams to make prioritization calls that require both keen business and technical judgment. You will drive process and tooling improvements to increase transparency and improve efficiency across the company.
This role is fulltime and can be based in our San Francisco office (FiDi) or fully remote.
- Maintain urgency to ensure the company’s major initiatives are on track despite changing requirements and priorities
- Relentlessly remove blockers while maintaining the trust of your crossfunctional teammates
- Host regular Agile ceremonies with technical and product teams, help gather requirements, create and maintain technical project plans, and dive into technical details to understand the nuances and complexities of each project
- Work across teams to define deliverables and make sure things are on track
- Anticipate bottlenecks and escalate foreseen issues to the right people before they become blockers
- Effectively communicate with technical owners, product managers, designers, and leadership
- Engage and collaborate with team members located in time zones across the globe
- Contribute to a positive and empowering company culture
- Be an enabler of the Agile process among our teams and coach us into stronger communication and happiness
- Create and maintain a development schedule for several parallel software projects
- Complete the trifecta of “what” and “why” (Product), “how” (Engineering), and “when” (TPM) in our product delivery
- Want to work with passionate, curious people that value transparency and asking for more of themselves and each other
- Are comfortable in and work well with ambiguity
- Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Selfdriven and autonomous while still collaborative and a team player
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and are ready to embrace the weird
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role (Engineer, Technical Project Manager)
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, or Program Manager role
- Deep expertise in agile methodologies
- Experience implementing agile methodologies in a startup environment preferred
- Proven experience leading crossfunctional projects
- Ability to set and hold teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority
Perks at Loom
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (USbased)
- Unlimited PTO
- Yearly offsite retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
- Remote weeks everyothermonth. Work from the beach, mountains, home… The world is your oyster!
- Learning & Development stipend
- Healthy lunch catered every day + snacks and beer instock (SF office)
- Healthcare stipend (nonUSbased)
- Home office & technology stipends (remote)
- At least two allexpensespaid trip to San Francisco every year (remote)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreignborn residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.