Technical Project Lead at Oven Bits
Technical Project Lead
Oven Bits is seeking a Technical Project Lead to guide clients + projects towards successful builds, feature releases and re-platforming. Beyond project plans and weekly facilitation, it’s important for this person to effectively lead a remote team, communicate well with enterprise-level clients and have a genuine enthusiasm for their craft!
We’re looking for someone who understands how to determine what to build, the order to build it in, potential gotchas on projects, large-scale software platforms and how to get things done. Our team is passionate about creating world-class apps (like this, this and this) and we want you to make us even better. If this sounds like it might fit what you’re looking for too, read on, and get in touch.
EQ + IQ
We work within numerous levels of mid-to-large companies. It takes a strong relational range to connect with Directors, VPs and C-suites alike. We want someone that can read a room, relate to different people and discern what matters to each of their roles when communicating solutions.
About Oven Bits
Oven Bits is a highly personable design and engineering agency based in Texas. We’re passionate about creating world-class software that people enjoy using (read: it works, not just looks great). We’re a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers and other great folks. Our work has been featured in Techcrunch, Mashable, US Weekly, CBS News, Texas Monthly and The Today Show. We’re proud to have a portfolio of work that viewed by millions of people every week and that’s been featured 25+ times in the Apple App Store and Google Play. At the end of the day, we view this as our life’s work and not just our work life.
Culture + Remote Work
At Oven Bits, we’re not only passionate about our craft, but also about our culture. We believe in a thoughtful mix of work, play and growth…and our company values reflect this.
Our remote environment allows people to spend more time in the places they most enjoy.
- Communicate exceptionally well with enterprise clients
- Can figure things out and get stuff done
- Manage projects to be on-time, on-budget and with results
- Clients enjoy working with them
- Oven Bits team members enjoy working with and being led by them
- Led a team to build at least 1 large-scale software project
- Led a team to re-platform at least 1 large-scale 3rd party platform (commerce engine, CMS, CRM, Data Pipeline, etc)
- Worked at an agency or with clients on large projects
- Familiar with building integrated solutions, API integrations, SDKs and tech stacks
- Nice To Have’s: Created a website or app’s strategy, have a background in design/code/strategy, other related functions
- Communication proficiency for in-person, phone and written forms.
- Detail Oriented: able to manage multiple task and people against budgets and timelines.
- Proactive Leadership: can recognize needs/opportunities and activate a group of people to pursue them
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of how.
- Well Organized
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!