Technical Product Manager
- Job ID #: JR72376
- Functional Area: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Experience Desired: At least 10 years
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Primary Location: US-Florida-Jacksonville 601 Riverside Ave-1199
- Secondary Location(s): Remote – Anywhere In USA
- Travel Percentage: 0.00
- Relocation Provided: No
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) infrastructure organization is seeking a collaborative, experienced, and adaptable Technical Product Manager with outstanding communication skills to join our Network Architecture team.
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
What You’ll Do:
- The Technical Product Manager for Network Services will be responsible creating a mature product management framework for the definition, creation, evolution, consumption and delivery of network services that are consumed by internal organizations (server teams, application teams, lines of business, and employees) and external organizations who are clients of FIS. This effort will organize and streamline the menu of offerings and revolutionize the user experience and the consume-ability of currently disjointed components of the overall service offerings.
- ‘Productize’ all work performed by the network architecture, engineering and operations organizations. This includes the current and future Network Services product Line that are directly consumed by employees or customers, service consulting, and additional network work intake requests such as incident and capacity management, lifecycle management upgrades, vulnerability remediation, and audit support.
- Define the Network Services lifecycle and pipeline: strategy (business strategy, technical strategy), capability development (customer needs and other backlog enhancements, definition, feasibility, grooming, development sprints, release/launch), consumption request and work intake centralization (product catalog, self-service portal), manual and automated workflow definition and orchestration, offering transition and retirement.
- Define these dimensions of the network service offerings: portfolio mix and service catalog; standards; offering lifecycle management; metrics around service consumption, release velocity, service availability and performance; product costing and chargeback; communication to executive, consumers and producers related to offerings, roadmaps, releases, education, support, and feedback.
- Identify gaps between the desired roadmap and the realizable roadmap and generate options for closing the gap.
- Advocate the voice of the customer in the product development process.
- This role has global responsibility and visibility.
Who You’ll Work With:
- Collaborate with multiple consumer and producer groups.
- Application platform teams
- Server and storage teams
- Client-facing sales and solution teams
- Network Architecture
- Several Network Engineering teams
- Several Network Operations teams
- Corporate Services teams
- ITSM teams related to ServiceNow, Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, etc.
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Communications
- Senior Executives
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will have an executive presence and bring a strong mix of technical product management and customer experience specific acumen coupled with strategic vision, interpersonal sophistication and emotional robustness, and graceful execution. You will be the champion and advocate for the portfolio with all teams mentioned above. You are detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable to a changing environment. You have strong analytical abilities and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and campaign strategy. You have the ability to develop and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations. You can negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function.
- A minimum of 5 years in product management or product development for a technology offering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT / Business / Engineering / Marketing.
- Strategic, critical, and creative thinker with strong business sense and pragmatic execution savvy.
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of network technology and offerings.
- Pragmatic marketing training and experience.
**This role can be seated in any US-based FIS location, or it may be virtual.**
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.