Technical Onboarding Manager at 10th Magnitude
Title: Technical Onboarding Manager
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote
10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US, we specialize in Azure Migration, Data Center Transformation, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. A member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner, 10th Magnitude is headquartered in Chicago with locations throughout the U.S.
Do you enjoy being a part of fun and challenging projects?? Do you want to be on the forefront of helping drive customer engagements, as they move workloads to Microsoft’s Azure? If so, you may be a great fit as a Project Coordinator, Cloud Migration Center at 10th Magnitude. This role will directly support both our migration project teams and Cloud Migration Center to enable successful Azure cloud adoption.
What you will be doing:
The Technical Onboarding Manager is a critical role in 10th Magnitude’s strategic opportunities, assessments, and customer interactions. This self-managing role will focus on: Customer discovery, data gathering, data rationalization, facilitating customer discussions and translating that into a well-defined actionable cloud migration plan. You will be supported by their peers in Delivery Management and the Cloud Migration Center and will act as the glue between all these pieces to provide a great experience to our customers and partners.
- Work directly with clients to identify and build relationships with workload owners and capture detailed business workload information, requirements, and goals
- Work with clients to maintain clear expectations about migration processes and experience
- Work alongside the project Solution Architect and Cloud Migration Center to translate workload information into well planned actionable migration plans and work efforts
- Assist with establishing, defining, and maintaining workload and server lists, workload mappings, pre-cutover, cutover, and post-cutover plans, and task lists that can be consumed by the Cloud Migration Center
- Own and drive schedules, team coordination, and related activities associated with defined migration processes
- Work with clients to identify risks and improvement opportunities. Walk clients through analysis findings, gaps, and remediation requirements necessary for successful workload migrations.
- Support discovery, testing, and migration scheduling activities
- Assist in the development and continuous process improvement and documentation within the Cloud Migration Center
- Ability to identify outliers and questions that need to be answered to achieve a successful outcome
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of technical or business analyst related experience
- 2+ years of IT project management experience
- 2+ years of data center migration experience
- General understanding of on-premises IT infrastructure and cloud technology. The ideal candidate will have fundamental experience with on-premises and cloud infrastructure, systems administration, and databases.
- General understanding of work item management and backlog contribution with Azure DevOps and DevOps / Agile practices
- Ability to effectively communicate, present to customers, and own/drive conversations and interactions
- Strong ability to create, draft, and maintain detailed technical documentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Azure certifications a plus (Azure Administrator Associate)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!