Technical Lead – Platform Engineering at HubSpot
Title: Technical Lead – Platform Engineering
- Location: Remote – USA
The HubSpot Platform team is made up of over 100 engineers who are passionate about building tools that enable HubSpot to ship high quality products to customers faster. This platform enables thousands of services to be deployed hundreds of times per day. The platform team is growing, and we are looking for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable engineering leaders to continue to scale the platform team.
Engineering leadership at HubSpot comes in many different forms. It has many different titles (Technical Lead, Engineering Lead, Senior Engineering Manager, Director of Engineering and more). Right now we’re looking for Technical Leads and Engineering Leads. While the responsibilities and scope of work vary across these titles, all our engineering leaders have a few things in common: they are able to work autonomously, lead transparently, and they prioritize product and people over strict processes.
Engineering leaders play to their strengths, but are aligned to HubSpot’s mission and show the leadership qualities that we’ve found to be most effective:
- They build trust, respect, and empathy, and use that as a base to deliver radical candor.
- They foster a sense of team and mission.
- They have strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team.
- They understand our customer and business needs.
- They understand how we build and why.
- They represent our mission and culture to candidates.
- They get team members and candidates excited to take on new challenges.
As an engineering leader on the HubSpot Platform Team, you’ll do many things and you likely already have experience doing some of them in the past. They are:
- Collaborating with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision.
- Partnering with engineers in product to build ensure the platform is stable, reliable, performant and delightful to use.
- Work to keep platform teams focused on solving for the customer and working to reduce real customer pain.
- Coaching and mentoring engineering teams, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management.
- A track record working with recruiting or hands-on growing remarkable engineering teams.
If you’re an engineering leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!