Technical Lead, CRM Backend at HubSpot
Title: Technical Lead, CRM Backend
Location: Remote – USA
About the team
The HubSpot CRM is an ambitious and complex platform. Backend teams work collaboratively with their frontend teams to understand customer problems and build productized solutions to work across web and mobile clients. We don’t have any dedicated QA or DevOps teams – this is by design. Our engineering teams take full responsibility – for writing, building and deploying to production – quality code, with automated testing and monitoring. HubSpot has a world-class developer tooling and infrastructure platform to make this process seamless, allowing us to deploy to production on average 5,000 times per day.
We’re looking for individuals that:
- Design, scope, and deliver solutions to help our customers manage and grow their businesses
- Manage a small team of engineers while still making significant individual contributions
- Foster an environment that encourages autonomy and psychological safety
- Enjoy mentoring, coaching and delivering feedback to other team members in a psychologically safe way, while also being open to learning from them as well
- Are strong engineers interested in writing in the Java ecosystem
- Understand that their job is not about implementing pre-written requirements, but collaboratively figuring out exactly what is required to add value to our customers and their businesses, and owning the end-to-end solution
- Consistently work to deliver reliable, performant, well-tested code
- Have a thirst for technical challenges with big data and distributed systems at a massive scale, leveraging, including technologies such as HBase, Kafka, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, GraphQL and Dropwizard
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Have a customer-centric attitude and develop opinions about the HubSpot product
- Understand the value of building a diverse team, and are champions and upstanders for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!