Technical Lead at AbleVets
- Job Locations US-VA-Chantilly | US-Remote
- Job ID 2020-3056
- AbleVets, LLC, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve.
- AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Technical Lead to support an electronic health record modernization effort. This position is on site in Chantilly, VA (preferred) or can be remote.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
- The Technical Lead will spearhead development efforts for an electronic health record foreign system integration with an Agile approach that supports incremental development of high quality, fully tested components, delivered every two weeks.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Define software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance, and optimal performance
- Proactively support your project lead with managing and prioritizing sprint backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations
- Generate project basis of estimates for functional and nonfunctional requirements (e.g., performance, scalability, sustainability and maintainability)
- Follow and enhance existing operational practices including quality testing, network connectivity and configuration management/versioning
- Write product specifications and design documentation for system components, organizing review and/or release of documentation as required
- Ensure product release readiness to required timelines
- Support development and test teams in acceptance testing, troubleshooting, load testing, capacity planning, and performance tuning as required to
- Create and maintain documentation of stakeholder needs, visualizations, stories, and other sources of requirements information for functional and non-functional requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with ten (10) years of experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Five (5) years technical architecture experience, including a variety of programming languages, platforms, and operating systems
- Ability to lead technical professionals in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Hands-on experience developing or customizing enterprise-level software solutions
- Extensive knowledge experience with modern software engineering, including Agile Engineering Practices, Test Automation, Secure Software Development, and Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) experience
- Current VA access is highly preferred but not mandatory for this position
- Experience with the Department of Veteran Affairs, tools, processes and frameworks
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!