Asseta is an online marketplace for manufacturers to buy and sell capital equipment and spare parts. When manufacturers shut down factories or update them to make new products, they end up with equipment and parts that they no longer need. We’re leveraging technology to create an intelligent, data-driven platform that will replace the inefficient and untrustworthy brokers that are used today.
Our initial focus has been in the semiconductor industry and we already work with most companies, including well-known names like Texas Instruments, Globalfoundries, Samsung and On Semiconductor. Asseta prides itself in solving a real world problem that customers value, and we have been profitable since 2017.
- Building, testing, maintaining, and administering the systems that run Asseta as a solo dev (for now).
- Initially, your main responsibility will be coding and shipping product. However, you need to have the communication, empathy and management skills to eventually recruit and manage a technical team.
- You should be motivated by working directly with stakeholders and building a system that solves their problems.
- You should be a generalist that is willing and able to wear multiple hats.
- You want to set the standards of the code base and take pride in your work.
- As a marketplace startup, our “product” is doing whatever we can to get buyers and sellers participating on the site. Your main challenge is to leverage our domain expertise to deeply understand the business problems and recommend technical solutions.
- You will need to represent your viewpoint in company discussions and not be discouraged by having your thoughts challenged.
- Seasoned Ruby developer with deep Rails experience and a solid grasp of React
- Great with all things data. Most of our product is tooling around the acquisition and management of inventory data that lives in Postgres and Elasticsearch.
- Passionate about writing clean code. If you want the challenge of massively scalable systems, that’s not us. Our challenges are automating multi-party, international transactions and making sense of unstructured data with code that’s reliable and easy to refactor.
- Healthy appreciation for testing. DHH might think test-driven development is dead, but we don’t.
- Ops and integrations. As the technical lead, we expect you to know your way around deployment (Heroku, CI systems) and monitoring (Sentry, New Relic, etc.). You also need to be comfortable with Salesforce integration, at least in the short term.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, particularly technical SEO for large web sites
- Technical control – You will have the opportunity to take ownership over multiple projects, shaping the direction of our product and company.
- Huge Impact – You will work with the other founders and employees to determine the future of this company.
- Generous equity – We’re prepared to offer >3% for the right candidate.
- Working on a validated idea – Your work will generate direct value to paying customers.
- Salary: $110K to $130K
LIFE AT ASSETA
- We are fully remote and you have the ability to work from anywhere in the US.
- Quarterly meet-ups to get the team together. Past meet-up destinations have included San Francisco, Newport Beach, Austin & Hawaii.
- We offer full health and vision insurance
- 401k match
- Phone, internet, and co-working reimbursement
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you would be a great fit.
Location: US Locations Only