Technical Editor – Training Content
Job #: 143124
We have an opportunity for a Technical Editor to work on training content for the Business Applications Content Group. This group handles content for all 365 Dynamics products, PowerApps, PowerFlow, PowerBi, and AI Mixed Reality and Customer Care Intelligence products.
- Copy edit and proofread content topics.
- Correct for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Edit for adherence to the Microsoft Writing Style Guide, Cloud Style Guide, and the Dynamics 365 Style Guide, and Microsoft Learn styles.
- Ensure that text elements are formatted correctly.
- Where applicable, use existing tools, such as Term Studio and Branding guidance, to check for appropriate terminology and word choice.
- Ensure that documentation complies with Microsoft legal standards, such as use of fictitious names, product names, and trademarking.
- Ensure that abbreviations and acronyms are spelled out on first mention, if appropriate, as per style guides.
- Convert content from Word to Markdown when needed.
- 5+ years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
- Outstanding editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, and work independently
- Stellar project management skills
- Functional knowledge and experience creating content in GitHub
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software