Technical Editor (Contract)
Austin, Texas, United States, San Francisco, California, United States, or Remote
Sauce Labs is the market leader for the world’s largest continuous testing cloud. We help development teams reliably test and deliver software faster without compromising quality.
Sauce Labs is looking for a top-notch technical content editor to kickstart a key initiative for the company. We believe that good content is an essential component for our customers’ success so we are looking for a talented, driven person to edit our highest priority documents for clarity, consistency, and brevity.
What to expect in the role:
- Edit a predetermined set of documents with a focus on brevity balanced with technical accuracy
- Review high-traffic areas of our wiki to ensure consistent style and organization
- Make recommendations for changes to document & section titles and related inter-documentation navigation.
- Create specific recommendations to encourage improved output from content contributors
- Other duties as time permits
To excel in this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, English, Technical Writing, or related field
- 5+ years editing content for a SaaS/cloud product
- Equivalent experience with automated testing or software development and an ability to demonstrate superior editing skills as part of the interview process
Nice to have, but not required:
- Familiarity with automated testing