Technical Drupal Project Manager at Mediacurrent
Technical Drupal Project Manager
Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states. BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Department:
As a Technical Project Manager (PM) at Mediacurrent you are responsible for managing the resources, implementation, and scope of primarily Drupal-based engagements in a fast-paced agency environment.
Mediacurrent keeps our remote team close by focusing on our culture with weekly knowledge shares, 9/80 flexible schedule, lunch and learns, and virtual/in-person meetups.
A weekly snapshot of what to expect in this role includes: a fast-paced schedule; meeting on all projects/accounts both internally and externally to plan and lead execution; motivating and delivering amazing work while educating great clients. We cast a wide net and provide services across many vertices, which makes every day unique. We strive for long-term strategic partnerships focused on best practices by delivering the best User experience, Digital strategy, Information architecture, Content strategy, Visual design, And Front and Back-end development. We support each other by engaging weekly in departmental meetings, as well as communicating direct feedback through individual biweekly feedback loops. If you are passionate about and looking to engage, Mediacurrent is a place for you.
- Communicator – You excel in written and verbal communication to keep meetings focused and following up with written summaries.
- Highly Organized – You have a desire to organize all things. You want no email unanswered, no task untracked, no meeting without an agenda, and detailed notes. If you see a mess, you want it cleaned up and organized.
- Problem Solver – You love tackling big challenges and utilizing creative problem solving to meet deliverables on time and on budget.
- Self-Motivated – You have a passion to grow and invest in our clients. You take a direction and see it through to completion.
- Empathetic – You are highly capable of seeing and receiving other points of view, understanding, and communicating with empathy. Diverse opinions and experiences make our work, our clients, and our team stronger.
- Oversee the execution of assigned projects and deliverables.
- Assign and delegate tasks to all project team members.
- Liaison with Mediacurrent’s customers and keep them informed of project progress and activity (i.e. weekly stand-up meetings, monthly billable hour reports, etc.).
- Generate and provide organizational-level reporting for Mediacurrent personnel; summarize the cost, timeline, and progress on all engagements.
- Maintain a “knowledge center” and document all customer correspondence (i.e. call/meeting notes, webinars, training materials, log-in data, hardware/specs, etc.).
- Collaborate with Mediacurrent Sales Department and Development Team to properly scope and estimate engagements.
- Account management experience including billing/invoicing encouraged.
- Capable of managing multiple enterprise-level projects at the same time.
- Adept at forecasting project timelines and resources.
- Ability to identify process gaps and document steps needed to rectify.
- Experience with managing a virtual team and working in a remote environment.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Valued knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Product Owner/Business Analyst experience
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables).
- Administering website content via a CMS.
- Public speaking at conferences or events.
- Training end-users and/or content administrators on Drupal.
- Familiarity with source version control such as Git and SVN.
- Overseeing and holding staff accountable (i.e. conducting performance reviews).
Perks & Benefits
- Funding for conferences and continuing education.
- Annual stipend for tech tools to help you do your job.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9×80 schedule)
- Benefits package, including generous health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Apple Macbook decked out with the latest high-end specs.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training and weekly knowledge shares.
- Work remotely full time.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the position may occasionally require more hours of work per day than the typical 8 hour day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, as well as be able to or have assistance to install computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting and the ability to uphold the stress of traveling may be required; regular, predictable attendance is required. Work environment characteristics may include moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic), and may require the ability to work in a confined area, and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!