Job opening – Technical Designer
As a Technical Designer you will work with our Product and Marketing teams.
What you will do:
- designing page concepts for new feature launches
- designing and refining landing pages
- designing interface assets like icons and empty states
- designing digital posters and brochures based on the specifications from the Marketing specialists
- making sure our Marketing and Sales materials (PowerPoint) are looking great and always up to date
- updating style guides
- helping the Product Team implement the UI of our products based on approved prototypes
- designing flyers, posters and banners for various target audiences of our company
- implementing perfect pre-printing processes to make sure that all printed materials look perfect when manufactured
- Good command and knowledge of the following tools are required: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Optional, gives bonus points: GIMP, InkScape, Corel Draw, Sketch, Adobe XD
- Good command and knowledge of the following technologies are required: HTML, CSS
- Portfolio showcasing a creative approach to visual design for the web, print and digital media
If you would like to join Tunnll’s team you are able to demonstrate (all the requirements below can be satisfied by default if you have completed a relevant BSc/MSc degree):
- Your English language proficiency. Tunnll is a small, but an international company. In order to communicate effectively with team members who can be located in different countries, we need a shared communication channel. The same is true for our communications with partners and customers in various locations. The English requirement for this position is English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply for a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
- Your deep understanding of how remote and distributed teams are organized and how they are different from co-located teams. We highly recommend books on the topic: The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work by Zapier, No Excuses: A Definitive Guide to Building a Remote Team by by HubStaff, DRiVE by RemoteWorkHub, Remote by Basecamp and The Art of Staying Productive even Across Distance by Wrike.
- Your business communication proficiency in a remote and distributed working environment. This can be demonstrated with your university degree or with a free digital certificate of completion of a free online course like BUS210: Corporate Communication from the Saylor Academy. Also, you could use instead a certificate of completion of any related online course like Communication in Virtual and Mobile Work or Communication in the 21st Century Workplace.
Remote and distributed teams enjoy great flexibility in terms of where from and when the team members do their work. You can even work with your laptop from a beach in Thailand, but it is very important that the workplace conditions stay reliable and uninterrupted. All remote team members in Tunnll are required to organize their workplaces to meet the following requirements:
- The workplace should be a single, ideally separated room with no interruptions by noises, other people, etc.
- To allow uninterrupted video calls, a headset/microphone with a noise cancellation feature should be used.
- The workplace should be connected to a stable high-speed internet connection (at least 100 MB/s) ideally backed up with a secondary connection for redundancy.
- The working computer should have at least 16GB of RAM for engineers and designers and at least 8GB for the rest of roles.
- The working computer should be properly maintained on a regular basis (security updates, disk cleanup, antivirus checks, dust cleaning, etc.).
Remote or not?
Tunnll is a 100% remote-friendly workplace, but if your preference is teamwork in a modern and comfortable office in a great location, we would be glad to accommodate you in one of our focus locations (currently Barcelona, Spain and Sweden/UK coming soon).
Why this position is cool
- Remote from day one. Tunnll has been a remote setup from day one. This means we know what is good for being remote and how to overcome the shortcomings of the distributed setup.
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning – or at any other time slots suitable for you as long as they overlap with the working hours of the rest of the team;
- Interesting and meaningful projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- High-quality tools provided. We provide all team members with full access to the high-quality productivity and development products from Microsoft (Office 365, SharePoint, Visual Studio Enterprise, etc.).
- We pay for your education. As a part of this position you can get your online education expenses reimbursed (Coursera, Safari Books Online, Xamarin University).
- Holiday allowance. When you take days off for the official holidays in your country or just because you don’t feel well, we do not cut your compensation, it stays the same.
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
Why you should join
We are a team with a flat organizational structure with each team member doing tasks he or she really enjoys doing. Please, check out the Open positions page to know more about how our team works. Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it by reading our Twitter, Facebook or the News and Blog pages or by simply searching the Web for “Tunnll”. There is a quite a decent amount of news and mentions of Tunnll from various newspapers, media outlets, and other sites.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with self-organized generalists because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to a specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please, proceed to the web form in order to apply: Apply to start a career with Tunnll
This job position remains open until further notice.