Technical Customer Success Manager at Abnormal Security Corporation
Title: Technical Customer Success Manager
- Location: US National
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks.
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t — advanced attacks that have never been seen before — and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Proofpoint, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco, New York City and Salt Lake City.
Abnormal Security is seeking a Technical Customer Success Manager to help build our growing Post-Sales team. As a Technical Customer Success Manager you will be the chief advocate for strategic customers across a wide variety of industries, relay key customer requirements and insights back to our Marketing and Engineering teams, and envision strategic business solutions to help our customers build leading email security programs.
You will be responsible for communicating with senior technical and business leaders across our enterprise customer base, delivering results and best practices related to our email security products, and owning successful outcomes for our customer engagements.
What You’ll Do:
- The Technical Customer Success Engineer is the primary interface between the Customer and as well as the internal teams at Abnormal Security.
- Own strategic customer engagements throughout the entire customer lifecycle, including owning key engagement success criteria and presenting to customer security leadership
- Responsible for technical support for customers that they are assigned to during pre-sales and post-sales
- Responsible for driving and documenting customer initiatives internally – interface with sales, marketing, product teams
- Author and contribute to Knowledge Base Articles and User Guides.
- Responsible for all escalated and technical support issues for customers that they are assigned to
- Advanced troubleshooting, analyze and resolving product issues reported by the customer
- Support the sales team with sales-related and CSM activities that require product expertise and knowledge
- Create and track support requests in the case management system Salesforce.
- Prioritize tasks and accurately document the nature of the reported problem
- Provide case status and next steps to the customer according to defined support package and associated SLA’s
- Schedule customer calls as necessary to address case issues and concerns and ensure all commitments are met
- Provide possible workarounds to issues to ensure customer success
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Obsessively drive customer satisfaction
- 4+ years’ experience in an a Technical Account Manager or a Senior Support Engineer
- Experience with enterprise-grade email security products like Proofpoint or Mimecast Experience in log data analysis including parsing and loading log data into a SIEM or other analysis tools
- Strong understanding of how Internet protocols work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Superior technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently in a high-velocity environment
- Previous experience providing phone and email support
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to follow through.
- Strong ability to collaborate, coordinate and escalate issues within a team of product support professionals
- Experience with case management systems and CRM’s
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science, Electronics and Communications Engineering or non-graduates with good communication skills, strong technical knowledge or similar work experience required
Why Abnormal Security:
- Competitive pay and equity
- One of the most proven machine learning teams in Silicon Valley
- Best-in-class customer traction and growth
- Team-wide commitment to excellence, velocity, and customer-focus
- Strong growth opportunities and high ownership expectations
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance benefits
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Generous PTO
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!