Technical Copy Editor at Aquent
Technical Copy Editor
- Location: Remote
- Job Terms: Temporary
- Salary: DOE
AQUENT is looking for a Technical Copy Editor to join their team!
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities
- Copy edit and proofread content topics.
- Correct for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Edit for adherence to the Writing Style Guide and the Cloud Style Guide.
- Ensure that text elements are formatted correctly.
- Ensure that documentation complies with Microsoft legal standards, such as use of fictitious names, product names, and trademarking.
- Ensure that abbreviations and acronyms are spelled out on first mention, if appropriate, as per style guides.
- Ensure that content meets minimum publishing criteria
- 3-5 years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
- Outstanding editing skills, including excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and style
- Careful attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, and work independently
- Strong customer focus, including diplomatically communicating feedback
- Preference for collaboration and teamwork
- Aptitude for identifying patterns
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to learn new tools quickly and develop proficiency for problem-solving
- Functional knowledge and experience creating content in GitHub
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!