Technical Content Writer at Stellar Development Foundation
Technical Content Writer
Remote – USA
Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced content writer to join our team. You will be influential in shaping how we frame the story of Stellar, especially its technological differentiators and innovation projects, to the world. You will collaborate with teams across SDF like engineering, tech strategy, ecosystem, and more. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, ability to distill complex topics, and project management skills.
In this role, you will:
- Research and create content geared towards educating the world about Stellar
- Drive the creation of thought leadership content from our technical leaders to evangelize our message
- Drive short and long-form content to be distributed across blogs, external media placements, educational videos, SDF social media, ebooks, and email
- Contribute to our editorial calendar and manage our technical content pipeline to meet deadlines.
- Refine new and existing content based on web data metrics to maximize engagement.
- Edit and proofread content across teams to ensure a high quality standard
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to illustrate exciting technical developments and innovations for our developer audiences
- A portfolio of content pieces ranging various mediums and topics. Bonus points if you’re able to convey the technical nitty-gritty into high-level storytelling
- You have 3+ years of experience with content marketing, communications, or journalism
- You are knowledgeable about blockchain technology, open source software, or financial tech – and have experience writing about them
- You have an editorial mindset and the ability to explain break-down high level concepts for different audiences
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines and at different levels of management
- Proven track record in crafting compelling thought leadership content
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making
- Self-driven, exceptionally detail oriented, and able to manage cross-functional projects within a growing organization
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $100,000 – $150,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.