Technical Artist at Facebook
Technical Artist, Horizon
- Los Angeles, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Remote, US
A Technical Artist is the key bridge between artists and engineers, and Facebook Reality Labs is currently looking for a passionate team member to closely work with graphics programmers to build the next cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology for VR/AR.
Technical Artist, Horizon Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
- Prototype, profile and optimize shaders
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks
Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads
- 3+ years experience with Maya Python/PyMEL, PySide/PyQt
- 3+ years of experience in game development as a Technical Artist
- Experience with game profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience working with shaders
- Experience creating 3D art pipeline tools
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists
- Experience making tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games
- Knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts
- Experience with Unity
- Experience working with Git
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
About the Facebook company
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $124,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Facebook, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Facebook participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!