Technical Architect at Cask
Min. Experience: Some Experience
We Lead. We Transform. We Deliver.
Take your career to the next level with Cask! We are an award-winning Management and Technology Consulting firm specializing in delivering business results and transformational outcomes to clients – join us in providing innovative solutions to our customers my challenging issues.
What you’ll be Doing:
The Technical Architect (TA) accountable for designing client technical solutions on the ServiceNow platform and driving the implementation / integration development activities from requirements definition through project success, based on ServiceNow best / next practices and real-world experience. The TA works closely with clients, functionals, and business analysts to define an overall solution and to define technical requirements. Through the integration / development stages, the TA serves as the technical lead and a scrum master – leading activities including sprint planning, daily stand up, sprint demos, technical escalations, QA / testing, and release management.
The following are typical activities expected of the Technical Architect role:
- ServiceNow subject matter expert – Maintain expertise in the design, development and implementation of the ServiceNow platform and specific application suites including ITSM, ITOM, SAM, SecOps, GRC, HRSD, and/or Service Portal.
- Trusted client advisor – provide technical guidance, expertise, and knowledge to customers; ensure positive / healthy customer relationship; and ensure clients are set up for long-term success with their solutions.
Project technical lead – technical leader on client projects, set the technical vision for the project, work with clients and internal team to define and ensure project outcomes, communicate the goals and objectives of the project to the internal team, and manage team health.
- Requirements analysis – Support requirements gathering workshops to provide technical guidance and assist with capturing all necessary business, functional, and technical requirements necessary to design and implement the solution.
- Technical solutions research & evaluation – make informed recommendations on the most appropriate, efficient and cost-effective solution based on the customer requirements and the statement of work.
- Data design & architecture – design data models and architecture required to implement solutions using technology-specific best practices and standards.
- Technical requirements definition – Define and/or refine agile User Stories to accurately document with the appropriate level of technical detail for a developer to implement.
- Scrum master – Lead daily scrum calls with the integration / development team.
- Technical guidance & escalation support – Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for the development team.
- ServiceNow & solution release management – Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of releases, product upgrades, and new technology deployments.
- Roadmap development – Perform and participate in product roadmap planning.
- Technical documentation development – Produces and maintains detailed system documentation including design specs, maintenance, troubleshooting, deployment, disaster recovery, technotes, and testing, etc.
- Learn & Know – proactively maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest ServiceNow features and product offerings.
What you’ll Bring to the Table:
- An ability to work with and consult to customers; comfortable interfacing with all levels of customer stakeholders, leadership, and team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present ideas, designs, and information to stakeholders with varying levels of technological experience.
- A commitment to our client’s outcomes and helping them achieve measurable results and success.
- Ability to understand and translate user requirements into technical solutions, based on best practices, that are in alignment with customer expectations.
- Ability to listen, interpret, strategize and consult on complex business processes and technical concepts.
- Fundamental understanding of the ServiceNow platform (and its underlying capabilities) in order to design strategic solutions that avoids unnecessary customizations or technical debt that may pose a risk to future upgrades or platform stability.
- Ability to establish and enforce systems design and architectural standards, maintains best practices, and drive the principles throughout the systems delivery life cycle.
- Rigorous attention to detail in understanding and documenting nuanced technical concepts
- Practical experience with agile delivery methodologies and tools.
Ideal Education & Experience
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator preferred (Madrid or New York)*
- Current ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist preferred (Madrid or New York)*
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of advanced ServiceNow implementation, configuration and/or development experience
- Five years of professional IT experience
- Experience creating technical architectures
- Professional consulting and/or client delivery experience preferred
- ITIL v3 or higher certification preferred
- Ability to work remotely and independently
All Cask Technical Architects must be Certified Administrators and hold a minimum of two CIS Certifications by the end of their first 90 days
- Cooper [Noun | employee of Cask]. Experienced and reliable artisan who takes pride in providing innovative solutions to common challenges.
- Multi-Skilled & High Performing [adjective | what makes a true Cooper]. Coopers give it their all by exceeding expectations. We must ensure that our deliverables actually solve a customer’s business problem.
- Mojo [Noun | our mindset]. Coopers work together to solve complex problems through the joy of innovation, collaboration and personal engagements not common in business today.
- Come be a part of the transformation and innovation we deliver. Cask was founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use process and technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways and create business value; today we are a Consulting Magazine “top 10 firm to work for” and are a 4-time Inc 5000 Fastest-growing company.
Perks? Oh, Yes.
Cask’s success is based upon our most valuable asset – the people. Cask offers a complete benefits package designed with your needs in mind. We strive to take an “employee first” approach.
We value diversity at our company. Cask is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!