Technical Account Manager at Grafana Labs
Title: Technical Account Manager
- Location: work from anywhere
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, a popular open source tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics with its instantly recognizable dashboards. With both its open source technology and enterprise products, Grafana Labs allows organizations to understand their metrics no matter where they are stored, and create, explore, and share dashboards to foster a data-driven culture. Founded in 2014, Grafana Labs has grown rapidly ever since. We are believers in the power of global, distributed teams: Talent is not limited by borders, and great workplaces are made up of exceptional colleagues. We have aggressive growth plans and are an ambitious, hardworking, and friendly team.
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from international time zones.
TAMs at Grafana Labs Provide customers with specialized business and technical consultation and guidance to achieve their objectives using Grafana.
What’s that actually mean? It means our customers:
- Have a partner at Grafana that understands their challenges and guides them to solutions.
- Have a partner that is not quota/sales based, and can authentically have their best interest at heart.
- Have a partner that can share relevant stories and best practices across customers, helping them better achieve their own goals.
Our TAMs need to be hands-on-keyboard. You need to understand the ecosystem of services that our customers use, and work with the customer to ensure success with Grafana at the center. We’d expect you to understand why Kubernetes is popular, how it relates to Prometheus, the difference between logs and metrics, the difference between pets and cattle and more…
TAMs manage the full life-cycle of our customer’s relationship, including onboarding, regular cadence check-ins and business reviews. You will diligently document the state of the customer, understanding the org chart and other teams that may sincerely get value from our product set.
Our TAMs are responsible for managing the ongoing support to customers to ensure they’re continuing to get value from our commercial products and OSS projects. They will monitor support requests to identify any recurring issues, acting as the voice of the customer, and work with our product teams to recommend changes and improvements to our products.
You’ll keep an eye on usage patterns, and reach out to our most valuable customers when we project they’ll be getting an overage with an offer to help.
In addition to the required technical expertise, they’ll also require base project management skills to monitor the progress of the customer initiatives.
You are a recovering Solutions Engineer, Developer or Support Engineer. You love technology, but you also love the ongoing relationships.
- 3+ years of technical experience, ideally with Open Source technologies, or in the Metrics/Monitoring space. You don’t necessarily need experience in having been a TAM before there are many internal roles that would translate very well to a TAM at Grafana Labs.
- Identify commercial expansion opportunities and interact with the sales team to deliver additional solutions that are beneficial to the customer
- Join as an early member of a high growth team working together to solve hard technical and customer problems the right way
- Document and share customer success stories and intervention stories.
- Work with our Customers to deliver business and technical value from our products.
- Deliver product and technical presentations to existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive expansion revenue opportunities based on need and problems learnt during customer interactions
- Work with the team to enhance customer documentation and create other private enablement material
What you’ll be doing
- We’re a startup so your job duties will be varied and complex and will require strong judgement, collaboration and leadership.
- We are a remote first company so you should be experienced and skilled at working remotely with an international team
- You will need first class written and oral communication skills both to collaborate with our remote first internal teams and with our worldwide customers. You will need to be able to skillfully articulate our value proposition and the technical advantages of our products.
- You will love solving complex technical challenges and building relationships with our customers, technically
- You should have a general knowledge of Linux, experience working in open source and an understanding of what metrics, alerting, monitoring and dashboards can do for an organisation
- You will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented and enjoy continuously learning. You will be able and willing to develop a strong knowledge of our infrastructure and products.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!